Thursday 29 November 2007

Our progress…

Now we’ve already paired the mobile phone and the robot (it was also difficult because of the pairing code which is hard coded into the robot), but they have some difficulties in protocol. The data is sending in some strange way and we can not find the rules and logicality. I was surprised to find that there is actually no documentation about the Bluetooth protocol and the rules of data transmitting. This forces us to search answers for all our questions in experiment. This means that we are trying sending it different sets of integers and after that we look on the received result. Of course this approach is quite original and new for us and it develops online theory generation, but actually I do not like it. I fell that I do not understand the idea and trying to use brute force algorithm. As I know from my previous studies it can give the result after huge time period and it is not appropriate in this course.

Actually I thought that it would be easy to find information. Possibly knowing these problems in advance I would select more common task. In this case I would even have an opportunity to ask my group mates about the problems I faced. Moreover I can assume that almost all problems of the groups who choose similar projects are the same. This gives them some advantages. On the other hand we will do something almost new and it can exceed all our problems. Of course in case if we will overcome those problems and receive some result.

No comments: